I''m trying to think ahead to the early-summer birthdays and things I want to knit for me. Of course, my afghan squares will be a constant throughout, I've got probably 40 of them 96 now, woo!
Beyond that, I'd really like to make a few things:
- Some sort of dishclothes or potholders for my sister-in-law's birthday (April 19) to go with her present (easy, out of cotton which I may already have enough of)
- A shawl or lacy scarf for my mom's birthday or Mother's day (end of May)
- I'm leaning towards this kit (Morpheus Scarf) because it's light and airy and would knit up quick with 10.5 needles, and plus my mom loves black and white... even if she didn't wear it often, it would look pretty in her room.
- Something neato for Leah's birthday (mid-June)
- I'm thinking right now I'd really like to try for a pinwheel sweater (pattern, knitalong with pics) I think I have enough time between now and then to work on this, it seems like it's within my skill level, I *think*. Probably out of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes because it's a little cheaper than the Elann, and I like the color selection more.
- Maybe something fun for Baby Leonard while he's still little (socks and/or a bib?)
- Socks for me - I'd like to do one simple pair out of a varigated yarn, and another pair with a small fair-isle heart detail on it - both using patterns from Socks, Socks, Socks, which I re-checked out of the library last week.
- Maybe a sweater or top for me. There are two I have in mind - one is the Bergamo Cache-Couer from Weekend Knitting. The other is Poppy from Yarnplay (authors's blog, knit-along). I'm not sure I'm talented enough to make either yet, truthfully. The C-C has the added benefit of not being long enough to hit my tummy, so I wouldn't have as much shaping worry. But the Poppy obviously appeals to me more, it's SO beautiful, and if I could get it done by fall, I'd have a lovely homemade sweater to wear then.
Does anybody have any opinions on any of these projects? :)